problems with yum

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Aug 30 13:16:21 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 12:22, Joachim Backes wrote:
> I'm running FC2. Now trying "yum update", but yum dies with:
>
> Resolving dependencies
> .....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package galeon needs mozilla = 35:1.2.1, this is not available.
>
> The following mozilla RPM's are for the moment installed:
>
> mozilla-1.6-8
> mozilla-chat-1.6-8
> mozilla-nss-devel-1.6-8
> mozilla-dom-inspector-1.6-8
> mozilla-devel-1.6-8
> mozilla-nspr-1.6-8
> mozilla-mail-1.6-8
> mozilla-nspr-devel-1.6-8
> mozilla-nss-1.6-8
> mozilla-js-debugger-1.6-8

galeon is very closely tied to mozilla, so when you want to install
galeon it needs a specific version of mozilla to be installed too. The
version the dependency is requesting appears to be *very* old (1.2.1),
so you're probably picking up a very old version of galeon from one of
your repositories too. Perhaps that repository isn't maintained any
longer?

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>