X support missing

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Aug 31 11:10:09 UTC 2004

pinaki at ics.uci.edu wrote:
> thanks for the reply. Is this package available in the FC2 package or do I
> need to get it separately. what steps do I follow to install it.

It's a standard FC2 package, on one of the CDs. However, there has been an
update of it since FC2 was released; see
http://fedoranews.org/updates/FEDORA-2004-198.shtml

If you have an un-updated system, just find the
xorg-x11-devel-6.7.0-2.i386.rpm on your CDs (in a Fedora/RPMS directory) and use:

rpm -Uvh xorg-x11-devel-6.7.0-2.i386.rpm

to install it.

If you use some system like yum to keep your system updated (highly
recommended), use that system to install the RPM.

Cheers, Paul.