Any recommendations Shuttle or Biostar SFF and FC2?

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 02:02:23 UTC 2004

I'm looking at buying a Shuttle or Biostar SFF machine and putting FC2
on it as a file server.  I'm looking at one of the older ones that has
can use an AMD Athlon or a P4 either one.

I want one with on board video since it is a server I won't be needing
3D and such.  But the cheap XPC and iDEQ have graphics I've never heard
of such as: S3 Savage8, SiS315, and VIA Unichrome.  The ones with
Geforce4 MX is about $250.  The others start at $166.

Currently, my server is an IBM PC300GL with a Pentium II 450, 100GB IDE,
384MB memory, and a 3Com ISA nic.  It's big and bulky.  So the thought
of a SFF machine to replace this would make it a nicer machine.  And if
the server turns out nice and works well with FC2, then I might get
another one for my desktop which is an aging PIII 650.

So if anyone has any experience with FC2 and any SFF machine please
either post to the list or send me email privately, I'd be happy to
report what I find back to the list and definitely on my blog at:
http://www.jroller.com/page/jmrodri

Sincerely,
Jesus Rodriguez