Does iPod integrate w/ Fedora? (Matt Wette)

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 02:13:50 UTC 2004

fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:

> Today's Topics:
>
>    5. Does iPod integrate w/ Fedora? (Matt Wette)
>

> Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 10:44:48 -0700
> From: Matt Wette <matt.wette at earthlink.net>
> Subject: Does iPod integrate w/ Fedora?
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
>
> I'm thinking of getting an iPod.  Can this be used w/ Fedora?

Matt,

You asked if the iPod integrates with Fedora.  I have a 20GB Gen III
iPod which I got to work with Fedora.  I can use GTKPod to read the
iTunes database on the iPod and play the MP3's using XMMS.  The iPod
mounts just fine using Firewire.  But this is only after some serious
work arounds which are well documented on my blog, see the following url:

gtkpod - http://jroller.com/page/jmrodri/20040708
ipod & FC2 - http://jroller.com/page/jmrodri/20040707
FC2 & firewire - http://jroller.com/page/jmrodri/20040705

I haven't used Fedora to put any songs on the iPod, I use Windows and
iTunes to do that.

So will it work?  Well, yeah, but not like it does in Windows and Mac OS X.

Sincerely,
Jesus Rodriguez