Video Not Working

Andy Choens achoens at frontiernet.net
Sun Aug 1 03:42:22 UTC 2004

This is interesting.  I've had FC2 for less than a week and this is the
second thing to randomly go haywire.

Earlier today I could use xine to watch videos.  Now, it thinks it is
playing videos, but all I can see is a plain black square where there
should be some video.  No error output on the commandline.  Mplayer and
gstreamer are giving me the same affects.  Audio is still working great
on the mpgs, but the video ain't.

If anyone has any ideas I would love to try them out.  I've tried
refreshing the rpms.  I also tried deleting the .xine and .mplayer
directories in my home directory to see if that might be it.  Then out
of curiousity, I ran mplayer as root.

Thanks
--andy