July 2004 Mailing List Stats

Amit Bapat amitbapat at speakeasy.net
Sun Aug 1 16:51:23 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 08:47, Jim Cornette wrote:

> This is interesting to me. I didn't realize that Thunderbird was moving
> ahead of mozilla mailer. Ximian's popularity didn't surprise me much.
>
> Jim

If Ximian is so popular may be someone can answer my question:

I use postfix with maildir format and courier-imap as my MTA on Fedora
Core 2. No matter how I configure my local account, IMAP account or
Maildir account, Ximian doesn't display my folders correctly.
When using IMAP it shows All my folders as sub-folders of INBOX. I have
entered "INBOX." as namespace override but it still shows INBOX as
folder with all folders as sub-folders of INBOX. If use mozilla it works
fine.

When using as Maildir format, it shows a top folder as "." and all the
other folders as sub-folders of that "." folder. It also shows
non-folder entities like courierimapkeywords etc as sub-folders, which
is completely wrong, since 'courierimapkeywords' is not a folder
(directory with new,cur,tmp directories in it) but just a file.