July 2004 Mailing List Stats

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 17:13:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 12:42, Jeff Vian wrote:

> But note that evolution as a whole is even larger.
>  2125          Ximian Evolution
>   130           Evolution 1.5.9.1
>   56            Evolution 1.5.90
>   37            Evolution 1.5.9.2
>
> Personally, the move of evolution from Ximian to Novell leaves me up in the air about whether I will continue to use it.

I have had similar thoughts.  For the moment I use evolution 1.4.5 on an
RH8.0 system as my main email server.  (don't throw things please! :)

For now it is working just fine.  And I have numerous filters setup that
have been doing an excellent job keeping my email sorted and processed.

Been wanting to take a look at Mozilla and Thunderbird to see if they
will do everything I need but have not made the time yet.  I also want
to make sure I can import all the stuff I have saved without problems.

I believe I heard that updated versions of evolution are being included
in Fedora but the link to Novell just makes me think that at some point
they will pull support for other distributions in an attempt to
differentiate their distribution and gain market and money.
--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Melting hard drives