FC2 -> FC3, a yum question

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 1 23:59:24 UTC 2004

Fernando Castellano wrote:
> I know this question comesº and go once in a while in the list, but I was
> out for a couple of weeks and want to upgrade my hardware.
>
> Does anybody knows if a yum update would be posible when FC3 final arrives?

Four questions won't get your answer any faster.

As far as I know, no, they can't know.

It's not yet clear what will be in FC3 final. So how can we know if you
can do a yum upgrade?

On the other hand, I don't believe that any of the basic technologies
have changed that much. It was possible (though "unsupported") to do
FC1 -> FC2 through yum in most configurations: FC2 -> FC3 should be
easier.

HTH,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | In the Royal Air Force a landing's OK,
westexe.demon.co.uk    | If the pilot gets out and can still walk away.