How to stop smb errors

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Mon Aug 2 19:06:34 UTC 2004

I keep getting flooded with the following error messages:

smbd[8874]:   getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not
connected
smbd[8874]:   read_socket_data: recv failure for 4. Error = Connection
reset by peer

I can't figure out how to stop these smb errors short of shutting down
samba.  I have both an XP and Win2000 system on my network and assume
they're causing the errors.  These systems have been configured by the
IT guys where I work and have a number of security items enabled.

However, everything that is supposed to work does.  I just don't want to
see these messages cluttering up my log files anymore.

My smb.conf file is pretty standard.  This system is neither a domain or
preferred master nor is wins support turned on.  I really use samba on
this system so the Win systems can print.

--
Gerry Doris <gdoris at rogers.com>