Moving users from FC1 to FC2

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 2 19:31:56 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:29:14PM -0400, Charles Layno wrote:

> >> Dell Server that I have installed FC2 on. I am trying to move the
> >> users and their passwords over to the new Dell FC2 server ....
> > And of course their home directory contents. (all of /home).
>
> Thanks to everyone helped. That worked!

Double check permissions, owner and group  of /home/*

Depending on how you moved files it is possible to
have different permission and ownership bits.

Also, on the old machine check for files you do not expect (mail,
cron, at, etc).

So for user bob

  find / -type f -user bob -print0 | xargs -0 ls -l  | egrep -v "/proc|/home/bob"

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	/dev/dull where insight begins.