Is there anyway I could boot linux faster

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 11:55:34 UTC 2004

Hi,

> Others do it for power consumptions issues, I can't really criticise
> them for that either.

That's insane. The main power consumption on any computer is the monitor
and the drives. Switch off the monitor and the amount consumed is as
near as dammit blow all!

I worked it out once. To keep the 5 machines in my house running it
would take me about an hour of watching the TV to use the same amount of
power and how many folks leave the TV on and not be in the room with it?

TTFN

Paul

--
"Look. If you had one shot, one opportunity, to seize everything you
ever wanted. One moment to capture or would you just let it slip?" -