Is there anyway I could boot linux faster

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Aug 3 12:00:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Paul wrote:

> I worked it out once. To keep the 5 machines in my house running it
> would take me about an hour of watching the TV to use the same amount of
> power and how many folks leave the TV on and not be in the room with it?

A monitor uses approximately 100-150W of power. An idle computer with a
couple of drives running, uses 40-60W. A 28" TV uses 100-150W or so, so I
doubt your values.

My values come from a power meter I have that I can plug between the
outlet and any device, it gives current load and also meters the number of
kW since it last was reset.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se