"put on all workspaces" command?

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Tue Aug 3 14:43:22 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 09:13 -0500, Andrew Konosky wrote:
> I added "gkrellm" (the system monitor thingy) to my startup programs,
> but it only starts on workspace 1. What is the terminal command line or
> option to start a program on all workspaces?
I accomplished this by going in to the gkrellm configuration window,
placing a tick in "use window manager decorations" once that setting had
taken effect, I think right clicked on the bar at the top (not sure what
it is called) told it to place gkrellm on each desktop.

Once I knew it was working (logged out saving settings) logged back in
again, and then disabled the window manager decorations.

There is probably a very fancy way of doing it, but I don't know what it
is :)

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator