Bigger cursor FC2

Christian Loza christianl at unete.com.bo
Tue Aug 3 14:46:26 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 23:57 +0200, Dalibor Malek wrote:

> > On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 21:56 +0200, Dalibor Malek wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to make a bigger cursor on FC2.
> > > I'm using KDE as default.
> > > I made a file in my directory and in the root directory named .
> > > Xdefaults.
> > > In Xdefaults I wrote
> > > Xcursor.size:   64.
> > > Well this is working fine with the boot graphics and as long as
> > > the KDE loading window is showing.
> > > When KDE is loaded the cursor shrinks back to normal.
> > > I didn’t find anything like that in the list archive.
> > >
> > > Can some one Help me?
> > >
> > > Thank You.
> > >
> > > Dalibor Malek
> > >

> Christian Loza wrote:
> > This is a nice icon theme. You can install it in KDE with the
> > default cursor theme installer (KDE->Preferences->Control Center,
> > Pheriperals->Mouse->CursorTheme->Install new theme
> >
> > http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=14484
> >

> > greetings,
> > Chris

Hi Christian,

> thank you for your Answer, but that didn’t solve my problem.
> I have now a new Mouse cursor, but it’s still to small.
> How can I make the cursor bigger?
>
> Thank You
>
> Dalibor Malek

Dalibor,

Actually, I don't know about any bigger cursor theme, but if you really
need this, you can follow this steps to generate a bigger cursor theme:

1) Create a PNG file with your cursor 64x64(use a transparent layer).
Again, you should search in www.kde-look.org for nice images of cursors.
Name this: cursor.png
2) Create a file named cursor.conf with the following content:

64 0 0 cursor.png
#cursor size=64
#xhot=0
#yhot=0
#image file=cursor.png

3) Run the following command:

xcursorgen cursor.conf left_ptr

4) The output file is left_ptr.

If you installed Grounation icon theme, you can replace the icon theme
in ~/.icons/Grounation/cursors/  , and restart KDE.

Otherwise, install an icon theme,
and replace the file in ~/.icons/.../cursors/left_ptr

Chris.

--
Christian Loza <christianl at unete.com.bo>
UNETE Telecomunicaciones Ltda.