[yum] kernel-sourcecode-0-2.6.7-1.494.2.2.noarch not updating

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Tue Aug 3 21:14:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 16:57, Jeff Ratliff wrote:
> What repositories is your /etc/yum.conf using? Kernel 2.6.7-1.494
> is a development kernel. You shouldn't be able to install it unless
> you've got development (or maybe testing) repos enabled. Of course
> that may be what you're trying to do. You didn't specify.
>
> Kernel 2.6.6-1.435 is the latest stable kernel.

Jeff, actually, this was announced today, though I usually wait a day
for a kernel to make sure it has been replicated to sufficient
repositories before trying to update....

Fedora Update Notification
FEDORA-2004-247
2004-08-03

Product     : Fedora Core 2
Name        : kernel
Version     : 2.6.7
Release     : 1.494.2.2
Summary     : The Linux kernel (the core of the Linux operating system)
Description :
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
Linux operating system.  The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system:  memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.