SATA disk woes...

Per Thomsen pthomsen at reedtz.com
Tue Aug 3 22:47:45 UTC 2004

I have installed an Addonics 4-port SATA (RAID-ish) controller (Silicon
Image 3114 chipset, I believe), and 2 200G SATA drives. I did not create
any RAID volumes in the BIOS. Running FC2 and yum every day.

I'm having trouble seeing the drives. /etc/sysconfig/hwconf states:

[snip]
-
class: HD
bus: SCSI
detached: 0
device: sda
driver: ignore
desc: "Ata WDC WD2000JD-00H"
host: 2
id: 0
channel: 0
lun: 0
generic: sg0
-
class: HD
bus: SCSI
detached: 0
device: sdb
driver: ignore
desc: "Ata WDC WD2000JD-00H"
host: 3
id: 0
channel: 0
lun: 0
generic: sg1
-
class: RAID
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: sata_sil
desc: "Silicon Image, Inc. (formerly CMD Technology Inc)|Silicon Image
SiI 3114 SATARaid Controller"
vendorId: 1095
deviceId: 3114
subVendorId: 1095
subDeviceId: 6114
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  2
pcidev:  8
pcifn:  0
-
[snip]

but 'fdisk -l' doesn't see the drives. It only sees my IDE drives.

Help!

I must be missing something really simple, but I can't seem to figure
out what it is.

Thanks in advance,
Per Thomsen

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | The Reedtz Corporation | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 415 425 4025