pcnet_cs device eth0 does not seem to be present

Shu Hung (Koala) koala at dg21.com
Wed Aug 4 11:09:19 UTC 2004

After I install Fedora Core 2 onto my laptop, Sharp PC-FJ120R, I found
that the Fedora failed to detect the PCMCIA ethernet card. On the boot
process, it show the error message "pcnet_cs device eth0 does not seem
to be present".

I am using Sharp PC-FJ120R with a Kingsoft PCMCIA ethernet card. I
though it is because Fedora lack the driver of the ethernet card. But my
friend said that the machine works well with Redhat 7.0......

Any suggestions?