MORE SSH Hacking: heads-up

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 4 15:54:03 UTC 2004

On Aug 4, 2004 at 11:03, Matt Morgan in a soothing rage wrote:

[...]
>So use hosts.allow instead, and specify the few particular hosts that
>are allowed to attempt to connect. Everyone else will be summarily
>rejected. (Firewalling the world is not a bad option, either).
Does SSH use tcp wrappers on FC? If no, then modifying hosts.allow
and/or hosts.deny would be futile. If you have less than three
users connecting to your machine using ssh, I would just add
those users to the AllowUsers directive, else create a group and
add the users to it then use the AllowGroups directive.

N.Emile...
Unix is a Registered Bell of AT&T Trademark Laboratories.
		-- Donn Seeley
 11:45:04  up 37 days,  5:00,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00