bootup error messages in mail

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 4 17:55:22 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Mi, den 04.08.2004 schrieb Barry Yu um 16:38:
>

>>I have just noticed that around every 6 boot ups I got messages in mail
>>sound like something wrong with my system,
>>but this doesn't happen in every boot up, and I never fell something
>>wrong with the system- dvd is playing, sound works fine,
>>except that I am uncertain if clamAV is really not working as the
>>message had indicated that it is closed, content of message;
>>

>What exactly do you mean? Getting the logwatch mail at all or specific
>content within it?
>

>> ################### LogWatch 5.1 (02/03/04) ####################
>>       Processing Initiated: Tue Aug  3 22:47:53 2004
>>       Date Range Processed: yesterday
>>     Detail Level of Output: 0
>>          Logfiles for Host: station-1
>> ################################################################
>>
>> --------------------- Clamav Begin ------------------------
>>
>>**Unmatched Entries**
>>clamd daemon 0.75 (OS: linux-gnu, ARCH: i386, CPU: i386)
>>Blocking encrypted archives.
>>clamd startup succeeded
>>clamd shutdown succeeded
>>

>> ---------------------- Clamav End -------------------------
>>

>chkconfig --list clamav
>--> see at which runlevels the service is active; maybe it starts in
>runlevel 3 and stops in 5?
>

>> --------------------- sendmail Begin ------------------------
>>

>>Bytes Transferred: 2006
>>Messages Sent:     6
>>Total recipients:  6
>>**Unmatched Entries**
>>   STARTTLS=server: file /etc/mail/certs/cert.pem unsafe: No such file
>>or directory: 1 Time(s)
>>

>> ---------------------- sendmail End -------------------------
>>

>This is "normal". It comes from the default Sendmail setup on Fedora and
>is not serious error. You can ignore it or correct it in the
>/etc/mail/sendmail.mc file.
>

>>Any one can help to trace the problem? Thks
>>

>Again: which problem?
>
>Alexander

You have just seen first part of my post, I don't know why some of the
contents you can not see in my first post
, they "Kernel error presents " and " ModProbe begins", and they are
still there, I copy the missing parts from it
and paste into below; and it has the LogWatch End, if this time you
still don't see the rest of the mail, then there
is anther problem: My whole post can only be partially read and the rest
is missing for unknow reason, I hope this
won't happen this time ;

--------------------- Init Begin ------------------------

**Unmatched Entries**
open(/dev/pts/0): No such file or directory

---------------------- Init End -------------------------

--------------------- Kernel Begin ------------------------

WARNING:  Kernel Errors Present
  vesafb: probe of vesafb0 failed with error -6...:  1 Time(s)

---------------------- Kernel End -------------------------

--------------------- ModProbe Begin ------------------------

Errors running install command:
  sound_slot_1  : 7 Time(s)

---------------------- ModProbe End -------------------------

--------------------- pam_unix Begin ------------------------

gdm:
  Unknown Entries:
     authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=:0 ruser= rhost=
: 1 Time(s)
     check pass; user unknown: 1 Time(s)

su:
  Sessions Opened:
     (uid=0) -> root: 2 Time(s)
     (uid=0) -> htt: 1 Time(s)

---------------------- pam_unix End -------------------------

--------------------- Connections (secure-log) Begin
------------------------

Connections:
  Service sgi_fam:
     <no address>: 1 Time(s)

**Unmatched Entries**
su: pam_succeed_if: requirement "uid < 100" not met by user "htt"
userhelper[4409]: running '/sbin/reboot' with root privileges on behalf
of 'root'

---------------------- Connections (secure-log) End
-------------------------

--------------------- sendmail Begin ------------------------

Bytes Transferred: 2006
Messages Sent:     6
Total recipients:  6
**Unmatched Entries**
  STARTTLS=server: file /etc/mail/certs/cert.pem unsafe: No such file or
directory: 1 Time(s)

---------------------- sendmail End -------------------------

--------------------- SSHD Begin ------------------------

SSHD Killed: 1 Time(s)

SSHD Started: 1 Time(s)

Failed to bind:
  0.0.0.0 port 22 (Address already in use) : 1 Time(s)

Package Updated:
  gimp-devel 1:2.0.3-0.fc2.1.i386
  gimp 1:2.0.3-0.fc2.1.i386

/dev/hda15            9.7G  7.0G  2.3G  76% /
none                  316M     0  316M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/hde7             1.5G  929M  456M  68% /home