how to change my source address in sendmail??

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Aug 4 20:28:37 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 04.08.2004 schrieb netmask um 22:10:

> I see the entire long thread.. but unless I'm missing something.. Set it in
> your MUA.. Pine, etc.. In pine you can set your From using roles, and disable
> the Sender header..  Just make sure whatever you set it to, exist sin
> /etc/aliases, virt usertable, and/or local-host-names  depending on your
> config.

> netmask

I must confess not to know which specific settings Pine allow, but from
what is normally possible by MUA settings I have to say: the MUA
settings set the From: inside the mail, they don't set the envelope
sender address. If the user would be allowed to change the envelope
sender address I even would find it problematic - at least if you have
not 100% trust on each of your users of the mail server.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2smp
Serendipity 22:24:33 up 15:52, 8 users, 0.02, 0.26, 0.29