SB Audigy and modem

Rahul Sadotra rssadotra1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 20:34:38 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have installed Fedora Core 2 just a few days ago,
and upgraded the Linux kernel to 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
earlier today.  Overall I am very impressed with
Fedora Core 2.

However, I am not getting any sound from my Sound
Blaster Audigy sound card when I use Fedora Core 2.

- When I play music from my music CDs no output comes
  out from my speakers.
- When I run the "Soundcard detection" option (as
root,
  obviously) and try to play the sample, no output.

Has anybody had this problem, especially those of you
having a SB Audigy sound card?

I think this might be a bug, possibly in ALSA, but I
am not sure.  If this is a bug, then I might submit a
bug report (possibly to ALSA).

I am using SB Audigy and ALSA (at least I am using SB
Audigy ALSAMixer, anyway).

Kernel version: 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
Sound card: Sound Blaster Audigy (Module: emu10k1)

Also, on a completely different subject, has anybody
succeeded in getting ADSL connection through a
Speedtouch USB modem and the Linux 2.6.7.x kernel?

I will be very grateful for your help,

Thanks,

Rahul Sadotra