FC2 and newest kernel update via yum.

Emil Valsson emil at netsamskipti.is
Thu Aug 5 00:11:29 UTC 2004

Hello.

I run several servers using FC2. What I noticed this morning when I updated
FC2 to newest kernel update is what it seems to be a networking problem.

Take for example my webserver, when users download from the server they get
full speed no problems. But when they upload files to it, it starts very
slow and after 5-10seconds the transfer stops. Mii-tool reports it's 100mbit
full duplex and I am kind of out of ideas. Could this be due to bad kernel?
When I boot into the previus one it works perfectly.

It's a HP TC2120 Server with I think 3com integrated NIC, I have another
machine with same problem with another kind of NIC so it's not the NIC.

Thanks in advance for responses.