hosting multiple sites on one machine

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Aug 5 00:33:38 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 20:02, Jonathan T. Steadman wrote:
> I am wanting to host multiple sites on one machine, and am not quite
> sure how to do this...could somebody point me in the right direction, I
> am running FC1...I think I have to set up DNS but I have no idea how to
> go about configuring this.  Any help would be gr8.

You need to read up on virtual hosts at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

You can set it up using either multiple domain names or multiple IP
addresses.  The typical way is using multiple domain names that resolve
to the same IP address.

If you are hosting a lot of virtual hosts you may want to take a lok at
vhost which is a set of programs/scripts that make managing virtual
hosts very easy.  http://chaogic.com/vhost/

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>