up2date anomaly - "hdr" vs "rpm"

Price Technology pricetech at charter.net
Thu Aug 5 01:12:40 UTC 2004

Just finished with a fresh install of FC2 on my laptop, followed by
running up2date and manually installing the kernel-doc package.  My
up2date icon is now a very happy blue ball.

The anomaly I'm seeing is when I look in the up2date folder, I see many
header files without corresponding rpm's.  This same behaviour was noted
on my desktop when I installed / updated it.

Both machines were "Everything" installs, and up2date runs in it's default
configuration except that I chose to keep the files after installation.

Since it happened on both machines, maybe it's normal.  When I was running
Shrike however I had "matched pairs" of header and rpm files.  I remember
this because I was using dialup at the time and up2date kept timing out so
I would run it, grab the headers, then cancel and visit my favorite mirror
to download the rpm's via ftp.  Once I copied the downloaded rpm's to the
up2date directory, up2date happily gobbled them right up.

Anybody else seen this behaviour in up2date ?? Better yet, anybody got an
explaination ??

Thanks

Joebewan