Real Player 10 for Linux

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Thu Aug 5 02:45:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 20:10, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> Working here Jim. I just installed it today using the RPM. This is on a
> Dell 5150 laptop with an nVidia card using the nVidia driver. I also
> just installed the latest kernel today (2.6.7-1.494.2.2).
>
> Not sure what to suggest other than be sure that you do not have any
> older versions of realplayer or helixplayer installed, in case there is
> a conflict.

Strange.  The Real Player plugin isn't working for me either.  I can
play files if I open the app, but not from within the browser itself.

I don't have any previous versions installed.  I've also tried the rpm
and the bin file.  I'm not sure if this is correct, but when I enter
"about:plugins" in Firefox, it reports the following Real plugin:

audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin  RealPlayer  Plugin Metafile  rpm  Yes

That's all I see.  Should there be something more?

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Ranbir