Yum, rsync, and mirrors

Michael Spanner spanner at cs.concordia.ca
Thu Aug 5 02:52:39 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Long story short: Does anyone copy or mirror the Core 2  repository
with rsync from anywhere, and recommend that site?

I'm trying to maintain a local repository of Core 2 using rsync and up
until this morning everything was honky dorey. I'm using Georgia Tech
(gatech.edu) as a mirror, and all of a sudden, the "headers" directory
went missing under development/i386. I looked at some other mirrors,
including the Fedora root site, and headers is still there.

I'm not going to ask Georgia Tech to change it back, because they
obviously reorganized it for a reason. Running yum-arch on my local
copy after the rsync completes is really not the right solution either.

 From experience, can anyone recommend a mirror that's 1) fast 2) gets
updated often and 3) is a True Mirror of Fedora?

--
Michael Spanner