Newbie questions: PDF

Rolan Woldt roland at woldt.de
Thu Aug 5 21:52:23 UTC 2004

Hi everybody,

I'm new in this mailing list and with Linux. Currently I'm running a
dual boot laptop with Fedora Core 2 and WinXP and am very pleased about
the overall performance of Fedora.

My first question is about GPDF - when I produce a PDF with OpenOffice
that has embedded TTF fonts, I just see little boxes instead of letters.
The PDF file is ok when I check them with Adobe Reader in XP.
Is there any configuration I have to change or is GPDF just not capable
to show PDF files with embedded fonts? What are alternative programs I
can use with GNOME?

My second question is about PDF creation: Does anyone know about a GUI
to produce PDFs easily in FC2 (like a PDF printer driver in XP - which
are normally based on Ghostscript)?

Thanks in advance
Roland