[OT] procmail recipe advice for spamassassin

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Thu Aug 5 21:57:42 UTC 2004

Could anyone give me some quick advice on writing a procmail recipe? I'm
currently running spamd as a service and procmail filters messages
through spamc by including this line:

        INCLUDERC=/etc/mail/spamassassin/spamassassin-spamc.rc

This works great, especially in conjunction with bayesian filtering
using sa-learn on false negative and positives (well I've only ever had
one of the latter). But a lot of the spam I receive has a ridiculously
high spam score, for example 28.0! Messages with such a high score
should just get dumped in /dev/null. What would you suggest is a
sensible and safe minimum score for something to go into /dev/null? 12?
15? Higher?

Now, as for the recipe. I'm guessing it should go something like this
(if 15 is the score -- I'm assuming each asterix represents 1 point):

        :0 H
        /dev/null

What I *think* my regexp above says is 'match a line beginning (^) with
"X-Spam-Level:" followed by any amount of white space (\s-*) followed by

Any comments or advice? I don't want this to eat my brane.

TIA.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com