Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Aug 5 23:15:23 UTC 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Vic Ricker wrote:

> Hi.
>
> A coworker and I were working together on something when my screen saver came
> on.  It was the Rubik's Snake puzzle.  He noticed it, and we began to
> reminisce about having those toys as children.  To our shock, one of the
> shapes that the snake morphed itself into was an "erect penis"!
>
> I'm working with Fedora in a business environment and I don't think this is
> really appropriate.  It might be fun for the still-wet-behind-the-ears
> college kids but,

Don't assume that the social standards that apply to your workplace can be
applied globally to other workplaces, or locales. you have to do what's
right for you, and you have source, so you can do something about it.

> unfortunately, political correctness is running rampant in
> the corporate world.  Some people are just looking for reasons to be offended
> so they can sue.

If what you want is a glsanke without the penis you can always comment it
out and recompile...

there are 287 built-in models in glsnake just off hand off hand I'd say
slightly less than a 1/3 are long and pointy.

> Are there any other surprises hidden in Fedora?

Have you ever seen code without surpises in it?

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu