DNS lookup in FC2 still slow.

Ben Vitale bsvitale at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 23:39:11 UTC 2004

Yang Xiao wrote:
<snip>

>>again, have you tried to use different DNS servers for queries and
>>what is performance?
>>where is the dig output from your current DNS server queries?
>>
>>check for contrack use lsmod
>>iptables -L -n will show you active iptables rule set
>>
>>Yang
>>

>P.S can you send the /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/resolv.conf file?
>
>Yang

/etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/resolv.conf are attached.

Query times from the 4 servers in my resolv.conf, starting at the top:

;; Query time: 16 msec
;; SERVER: 68.48.0.6#53(ns02.rtchrd01.md.comcast.net)
;; WHEN: Thu Aug  5 19:32:25 2004
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 436

;; Query time: 25 msec
;; SERVER: 68.87.96.16#53(68.87.96.16)
;; WHEN: Thu Aug  5 19:34:26 2004
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 436

;; Query time: 18 msec
;; SERVER: 68.48.0.12#53(68.48.0.12)
;; WHEN: Thu Aug  5 19:34:56 2004
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 436

;; Query time: 25 msec
;; SERVER: 68.87.96.15#53(68.87.96.15)
;; WHEN: Thu Aug  5 19:35:09 2004
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 436

[bvitale at vandelay ~]$ /sbin/lsmod | grep conntrack
[bvitale at vandelay ~]$

This makes sense, since I did not setup an iptables firewall.

Ben