RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

Cowles, Steve steve at stevecowles.com
Thu Aug 5 23:49:20 UTC 2004

Bill Gradwohl wrote:
> Note the change in the directory structure. The new kernel has an
> additional cls/u32 directory structure containing a perf.h file with a
> one line content:
> root at code u32# cat perf.h
> #define CONFIG_CLS_U32_PERF 1
>
> ???

I'm at a loss. It looks like the kernel was compiled with the QoS stuff
based on the fact the modules are present.

Have you tried loading the modules manually? Maybe this problem is related
to modprobe or something along those lines.

FWIW: I run a Leaf/Bering firewall based on the 2.4.x kernel. My FC2 system
sits behind this firewall in a DMZ. With the Leaf distro (single floppy
version), you have to load all modules manually. The following are the
modules I load for the Wondershaper script.

# cat /etc/modules
...snip...
# Traffic Shaping Modules
sch_htb
sch_sfq
sch_ingress
cls_fw
cls_u32

BTW: The same Wondershaper script runs without error on my FC2 system
running the 2.6.6-435 kernel.

Might be worth a try.
Steve Cowles