[OT] procmail recipe advice for spamassassin

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Fri Aug 6 02:15:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 02:45, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Real time sender verification with your Postfix. I use it for
> fetchmailed mail with milter-sender integrated into Sendmail. It saves
> me from a lot of SPAM because many if not most senders of SPAM is faked
> and thus not existing. This way, with sender address verification the
> mail is simply discarded. An example from my logs:
>
>    Milter: to=<fetchmail at metatron.dogma.lan>, reject=550 5.7.1 recipient
> denied, because MX 10 'Vent.mokrohajska-school.sk.' [193.87.162.1] for
> <pkramervb at mokrohajska-school.sk> rejected sender. Their reason
> "<pkramervb at mokrohajska-school.sk>: User unknown": 1 Time(s)
>    discarded: 1 Time(s)

Do you have a URL or some such where I could read up on this a bit more?
That looks very interesting. (Even if I don't implement it for myself,
it could be very useful for web applications that talk to SMTP servers,
which we all know is a security minefield.)

Thanks a lot for the great feedback.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com