Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

netmask netmask at enZotech.net
Fri Aug 6 16:00:34 UTC 2004

>> OK.  I stand corrected.  I would have to agree that it is inappropriate
>> content.  (Insert comment on sad state of contemporary American society
>> here.)
>
> Why these discussions always have to be driven by the priggishness of
> Americans...

Redhat must conform to the US laws and generally, I would say a large chunk of
their revenue comes from America. Regardless if Fedora is a community driven
project, what do you think Fedora is.. Just a project for the people only?
No.. It's a project that Redhat can use to test new things (Like Xorg) and try
out risky things and be a little more 'cutting edge'.. and then roll those
changes into their commercial product.

> I can see removing it from the default settings.  That would not bug me.
> People can always turn it back on.  It would if it was removed to kowtow
> to some truely disturbed people with possible legal clout.
>
> Wait until they find out that their are naughty words in the kernel
> source...

comments dont get compiled.. nor seen by someone walking past your computer..
now, if a function was named inappropriately, and you for some reason are
piping a strings output or gdb output to a 110" screen for your entire office
to see.. that may be a problem..  but, that'd be stupid.