mouse problem

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 16:40:22 UTC 2004

Marcelo Guimaraes wrote:
> I had just installed the fedora core 2 and it was not
> able to find my mouse.
> I'm using a wheel mouse and it doesn't work.

Yes, but what sort of connection does it use? Serial? USB? PS/2?

(If you don't know, describe the shape and size of the connector).
> I noticed that the mouse didn't work in the beginning
> of the installation.
>
> I logged in a prompt mode to run the setup, I changed
> the type of the mouse but it still doesn't work.

Well, that is a known problem when installing with a serial mouse.

Can you post the part of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file that looks like
this?

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

It might also help to know what sort of motherboard you use, and if your
mouse is USB, whether you have any add-in USB cards or hubs.

HTH,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | "The letters are Elvish, of an ancient mode, but the
westexe.demon.co.uk    | language is that of Microsoft, which I will not utter