Problems with tulip module Core2

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 16:48:23 UTC 2004

Felix Mathais wrote:
> I recently tried to intall Core2 on my pc, which was
> an upgrade from Core1.
> But my networkcard refused to work, which is working
> fine under Core1. The module in question is the tulip
> module.
> My Pc is a AMD-K6 CPU with 512 Mb RAM.

You are aware that there's a whole family of drivers that work with that
sort of card?

There's the de2104x driver, the tulip driver, the de4x5 driver, and the
w89c840 driver and dmfe drivers are supposedly related.

Have you tried all of those? (Not all are compiled into the Fedora
Kernel: look at Device Drivers -> Networking support -> Ethernet (10 or
100Mbit) -> "Tulip" family network device support in the Linux Kernel
config menu.

HTH,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | So what would happen if an Enterprise security team,
westexe.demon.co.uk    | who always get killed soon after appearing, fought a