Synaptics touchpad question

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Fri Aug 6 23:56:39 UTC 2004

Does anyone have the Synaptics touchpad/pointing stick combo working with
the Synaptics driver from w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/ in FC2?

I have a ThinkPad T41, and I have the touchpad working, but I can't seem
to get the pointing stick and the upper buttons working.  They work fine
in virtual consoles.  I have GuestMouseOff=0 already--changing it has no
effect.

Also, what do I need in xorg.conf to use a USB mouse automatically when I
plug it in, without disabling the touchpad?

TIA.
--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences