listen to stream with xmms or mplayer

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 7 02:25:34 UTC 2004

> real player can only play real streams AFAIK..
>
> You need ALSO or esound.. its your sound driver..  you may have
> alsa/esound both installed..
>
> but you can
>
> 'yum install esound'  and that should help

I tried to launch the salsa link for winamp and it played alright using
RealPlayer 10. (Not a salsa music fan, but a good test)

I used xmms before after saving the playlist to disk and launching it by
selecting the saved playlist.

MP3s not being included by default in the RHL 8 through present Fedora
might have made the playlist capability for the player. It should work
as Winamp works for most audio files.

Jim

--
If it happens once, it's a bug.