ATI Rage Mobility with Xorg - anyone got this working

Andy Choens achoens at frontiernet.net
Sat Aug 7 13:41:37 UTC 2004

One other thing I just thought of.  For some reason, video on my laptop
is weird.  I can't play a stream of videos using XINE or gmplayerm, but
I can if I use the cmdline mplayer only.  Totem is a complete wash on my
system.  I don't know if this is because of xorg or something else.  I
haven't figured it out yet.  I posted a question about it here, but
nobody responded.  Neither did the XINE or mplayer people.

Oh well.