Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat Aug 7 14:21:33 UTC 2004

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, David L Norris wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 14:57 -0400, Peter Djalaliev wrote:
> > I have installed ndiswrapper
> > How can I make this module to load automatically at
> > startup?  In general, how do I edit the list of modules loaded
> > automatically at startup?
>
> You can add the command to /etc/rc.d/rc.local.  You may also want to
> read "man modprobe.conf"

modprobe.conf is for autoloading modules.  rc.local happens at the very
end of the boot sequence, so startup daemons that depend on modules that
need to be manually loaded will fail.

/etc/rc.modules is executed early in the startup, so that's the place to
load modules manually.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences