Synaptics TouchPad in FC2

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat Aug 7 15:53:46 UTC 2004

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Jim Cornette wrote:

> I installed synaptics-0.13.4-3 from the development repository and left
> the psmouse.proto=imps entry in the grub.conf section for kernel parameters.
>
> Is this driver supposed to just work if installed? Or is there some
> manual changes that need performed, in order to make use of this driver?

Remove the kernel option and read the README or INSTALL file in
/usr/share/doc/synaptics-0.13.4-3 for changes to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Anyone able to get this driver to work with both the touchpad and the
pointing stick?  I can't seem to make the pointing stick work.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu