rndc problem

Dino Nardini dino at rivendellsoftware.com
Sat Aug 7 16:34:22 UTC 2004

I found the problem... there were no configuration files (ie: named.conf,
rndc.conf, etc) under the chroot directory.  Dunno why that is, but it
might be related to linuxconf.  I moved the necessary files under the
chroot directory, including moving the /sec files, and everything worked
fine with bind-chroot.  I also configured linuxconf to read from
/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf instead of /etc/named.conf.

I've added a few more secondary zones and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction with your comments below...

Cheers... Dino

At 06:12 PM 07/08/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Am Sa, den 07.08.2004 schrieb Dino Nardini um 17:35:
>
>You configured the slave zone files go into
>/var/named/chroot/var/named/slaves/?
>
>Do you run rndc chrooted or just normal on command line? If you run it
>chrooted make sure the rndc.conf (a copy of /etc/rndc.conf) is inside
>the chroot.
>
>in the /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.

Rivendell Software - Dynamic Web Solutions
http://www.rivendellsoftware.com
Tel 902.461.1697
Fax 902.461.3765