lm_sensors doesn't stay enabled!

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 8 02:58:33 UTC 2004

I have gotten the lm_sensors configured to read cpu temp and other
system sensors and it reports it through gkrellm. I put the
initialization commands in /etc/modprobe.conf and /etc/rc.local, and it
loads when I restart the system. After a few restarts or when I shut the
system down for a while, the sensors won't start back up. Hddtemp starts
up and works every time but lm_sensors does not....
Why?

/etc/modprobe.conf:
------------------
alias eth0 tulip
alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1371
install snd-ens1371 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-ens1371 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-ens1371 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-ens1371
alias usb-controller uhci-hcd
# I2C module options
alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
------------------