A tip for people tired of The Thread That Won't Die

Lew Bloch conrad at lewscanon.com
Sun Aug 8 16:34:20 UTC 2004

> Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 21:55:10 -0600
> From: "gkn" <fedora-list at anadromada.net>
>
> No, I expect the list owner to do his or her job and stop
> this kind of garbage!!!  Posts this far off topic need to have the
> list owner tell the posters to stop posting to the list garbage and
> if they want to continue with this topic, they need to take it off
> this list and send between members that want to continue or take it to
> another proper list where this subject is allowed!!

I vote to keep this thread.  It is most certainly on topic for a Fedora
list to talk about how to make Fedora more professional and give it
wider acceptance.  It is not garbage, in my opinion, and I urge the list
moderators not to censor "The Thread That Won't Die".

Many of us derived value from the thread.  The poster who suggested you
"killfile" (aka "plonk") the thread was doing you a favor - allowing you
to ignore something you don't want to see that everyone else does.  If
we followed your suggestion, then the rest of us wouldn't be able to
follow the thread, and that wouldn't be fair.

So chill with the exclamation points and follow the very helpful
suggestions people keep making in order to try to help you.