Newbie questions: PDF

Roland Woldt roland at woldt.de
Sun Aug 8 19:41:47 UTC 2004

Ow Mun Heng wrote:

>embedded fonts.. what does that mean?

using non-system fonts (like your corporate ID font as *.ttf). Most
professional fonts look better than free fonts (regarding hinting,
kerning etc.). Even though I know that there are also professional level
free fonts (like Vera or Gentium) - just to prevent a philosophical
discussion.

>The other thing may be because you lack the fonts? Or maybe your reader
>doesn't have the fonts.

Do I have to install the fonts for gpdf again (and how do I do it?). I
can't imagine that I have to reinstall the same fonts which I used to
produce the PDF (I had the same results when exporting as PDF from OOo).

>Try installing acroread instead. There's one at dags
>http://dag.wieers.com/packages/acroread/

I did this but the user interface of version 5 is soooo ugly. I don't
dare to talk about HIG compliance.

Best regards
Roland