Can't defrag win drive

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Sun Aug 8 20:08:56 UTC 2004

I have a second drive with windows, but can't de-fragment Norton
complains and so dose the windows utility.  I can boot and use the drive
with this in my grub.conf

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this
file
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda2
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=1
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Fedora Core (2.6.7-1.494.2.2)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.7-1.494.2.2 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
	initrd /initrd-2.6.7-1.494.2.2.img
title Fedora Core (2.6.5-1.358)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
	initrd /initrd-2.6.5-1.358.img
title Win98
	map (hd0) (hd1)
	map (hd1) (hd0)
	rootnoverify (hd1,0)
	makeactive
	chainloader +1

The default in FC2 did not work for Win98