Getting IP Address

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Aug 8 22:40:34 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 17:53, Enayetur RAHEEM wrote:
> In my Dell Inspiron 5100 with b44 NIC, I dont get the IP address when
> I set the eth0 to DHCP. Any idea?

First question is do you have a DHCP server on your LAN segment?

Next question is have you been able to get it working with a static IP
address?  (this will eliminate a lot of problems)

Need a little more information on your network setup, are you using a
cable/dsl connection directly or with a router?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Life is like an egg stain on your chin -- you can lick it, but it still
won't go away.