php-mbstring-4.3.8-2.1

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Aug 8 23:13:22 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 18:56, Stanley Davis wrote:
> When trying to update php to 4.3.8-2.1 it says it needs
> php-mbstring-4.3.8-2.1.  php-mbstring says it needs php4.3.8-2.1 to
> install.  FC2 installation does not have php-mbstring on it so can
> someone tell me how I'm supposed to do this update.

Two ways you can resolve this.

If you have copies of copies of both rpms on you drive you can issue the
rpm -Uvh php* command (assuming both packages are in the current
directory).

Or just use yum to update php.  It will take care of any dependencies.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

"He was a modest, good-humored boy.  It was Oxford that made him insufferable."