Up2date and SysAdmin auth.

Stanley Allely eod76 at axint.net
Mon Aug 9 09:32:38 UTC 2004

I noticed that when I run up2date in fc2, that the sys admin auth.
doesn't always go away immediately once it moves to package retrieval.
Sometimes it takes several minutes before the "keys" disappear (yeah I
use dial up).  I don't like to expose root online any longer than
necessary, so can I safely click "forget authorization" as soon as
up2date switches to package retrieval mode?  I don't want to mess up the
update but then I also don't want to find I got a "surprise" with my
upgrade.  How secure is the actual upgrade process?  BTW thank you list
contributors, you've sometimes answered questions I didn't even know I had!
Stan