Yum has screwed up my system :-(

Johan Henes johan at henes.no
Mon Aug 9 13:05:19 UTC 2004

Hi !

I do not know if this is the right list for this posting, but here I go
:

On a FC1 server, a colleague has added freshrpms and ATRPMS in addition
to the "normal" two repositories for updating Fedora. After a "yum
update" (and another yum update with the "original yum.conf after that)
the system looks totally screwed.

ie. a rpm -q kernel gives "packet not installed"....

I have tried to repair the rpm database with no success...

A rpm -qa returns maybe 150 rpms....

It looks like i have a combination of rpms that really does not like
eachother :-)

Is it possible to get the system back to its "normal" state using yum
with the two original repositories, or are the CDS my only way out ???

Best regards,

Johan