List membership suspensions

Matt Morgan matt.morgan-fedora-list at brooklynmuseum.org
Mon Aug 9 18:07:21 UTC 2004

On 08/09/2004 01:45 PM, Geoffrey Leach wrote:

> Recently I've received several emails from the list Gods.
>
>> Your membership in the mailing list fedora-list has been disabled due
>> to excessive bounces
>

> In the past, queries about this to the list admin address have gone
> unanswered. Without evidence, there is no way for me to take this up
> with my ISP, so the problem goes unresolved.
>
> Any suggestions on how I might address this?

I don't know how to get help from the admin, sorry, but when I've had
similar trouble before it's been for one of a few different reasons:

* Are you often at or near your mail quota, so that your ISP may be
bouncing messages because there's no room in your Inbox?
* Do you have any filtering turned on locally, that is, is it possible
you're bouncing the messages yourself? In that case you probably also
have logs that indicate why.
* If not, and your ISP is bouncing the messages before they get to you,
maybe they have some spam filter set too strictly. Can you have the
fedora-list address added to a white-list somehow?

Even without evidence, you can probably ask your ISP under what
circumstances they ever bounce messages, and then start ruling things
out from there.